Five priority topics have been identified and will feed the different stream and sessions for the whole conference. Depending on the assessment of your abstract, you might intervene in plenary, parallel session or poster presentation.
CALL FOR PAPERS - TOPICS AREAS
ICOE2018 aims at focusing on real experience from the ocean energy world and on synergies with other sectors.
TECHNOLOGY AND CHALLENGES
• Developing engineering and integrated solutions to meet market needs
• Design of arrays and farms as effective powerplants
• How to avoid developers relearning via repeating mistakes
• Moorings and foundations; station-keeping for installations, operations and maintenance
• Solutions for interconnection: cabling, connections monitoring
• Cost reduction and reliability improvement through new materials
• Metals, composites, and design
ROLE OF GOVERNMENTS AND INVESTORS
• Leverages to increase investment
• Enabling wave and tidal energy
• Funding for small
• Scale developments
• Market development (Global experience of market design – what has worked and what has not, What issues have emerged, What market development is needed to level the playing field with matured renewables)
SILENT SPRINGS: addressing the natural and regulatory environments
• Resources versus reserves
• Making the best of the sites available
• Using Hydrodynamic modelling to estimate scope of impacts
• Choosing sites that help with LCOE reduction and ease of consenting
• New approaches by governments and regulators
• Lessons in Maritime planning, permitting and acceptability
OPERATING IN THE CRUEL SEA
• Operations & Maintenance experience
• Does higher CAPEX lead to reduced risk and OPEX?
• How do we achieve Certification and insurance
• Lessons from Europe and America
LET’S WORK TOGETHER!
• What skills do businesses need to work together?
• Share, Learn & Collaborate
• Knowledge Network platform
• Role of marine energy (integration, location, remote solutions)
• Experience from maturing ProjectsPlease note that you are very welcome to hand in a paper which is oriented towards a different topic, for which a dedicated session can be created.