Normandy has the largest deployment potential for tidal and fixed offshore wind energies in France with:
– The Alderney Race (Raz Blanchard), an estimated 5GW potential with easy access to a high capacity grid
– 3 offshore wind farm projects (a cumulated 1500MW installed capacity)
The regional authority of Normandy is in charge of local public policies for, among others, regional port facilities, economic development and training.
– The territory gathers 5 ports with unique capacities in Europe: Le Havre, Cherbourg, Dieppe, Fécamp, Caen-Ouistreham. Cherbourg has welcomed Naval Energies and LMWind Power manufacturing plants in 2017. 1,6km² of land are still available for industrial projects in Cherbourg and Le Havre.
– 190 qualified companies & 30 research centres are involved: Normandy focuses on enhancing the links between the local supply chain, the academy and the industry.
– A training plan dedicated MRE has been developed and efforts are now driven towards providing the industry with the skills they will need in the nearest future in Normandy.
Normandy is ready to welcome ICOE2018 and to show the world the value of its territory, its businesses and its people.